Wednesday, March 26, 2014
GMG Racing is now taking orders for the Porsche Carrera exhaust system. The system delivers an increase in performance and produces an exotic exhaust sound.
Handcrafted out of T304 Stainless steel and meticulously TIG welded to AWM aerospace specifications with great precision, the system is 60 pounds lighter than the factory systemand exudes an unsurpassed level of quality. The system features a stainless muffler packing and a crossover x-pipe to increase power and enhances the signature high-pitched sound that only the F1 inspired V10 engine can offer.
With careful research on how the Carrera GT V10 develops power, we have engineered an exhaust system that improves the V10 power output throughout the RPM range. Our crossover x-pipe works by balancing the exhaust pulses from either side — or cylinder bank - of the engine. It allows the exhaust to flow down the path of least resistance. At lower revs, turbulence is formed as exhaust gases try to shuffle past a second column of gases coming from the other side. This is where an X-Pipe stands apart from the rest. The exhaust gas is pushed out harder as the engine spins faster. The X-Pipe merges this chaos into two uniform streams, allowing a smooth flow from the engine to the tailpipe. Both streams keep each other up to speed, which draws even more spent exhaust gases out of the cylinders.
Using stainless steel packing material in the mufflers, the GMG exhaust is designed to withstand extreme exhaust temperatures and high intensity acoustic pressures that are generated by the engine that is located within very close proximity. This is one of the key advantages of the GMG exhaust system since many competitor exhaust systems use fiberglass packing instead to lower costs, and they are prone to rapid deterioration.
- Horsepower and torque increased throughout power band
- Deep aggressive exhaust notes at lowers revs & exotic high pitched exhaust notes at higher revs
- Constructed out of T304 stainless steel
- Meticulously TIG welded throughout to AWM aerospace specifications
- Stainless steel muffler packing to withstand extreme temperatures and pressure
- Brushed stainless finish
- Significant weight savings over the stock system. The GMG system weighs 30 lbs while the OEM system weighs 88 lbs
- Crossover X-Pipe to balance exhaust pulse
- Direct bolt on replacement
- 50 States Emissions Legal
- Hand built to order in the USA
- Individually serialized with laser etched badges
For all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@GMGRacing.com