GMG is proud to introduce our new GMG RSR 6 Point bolt-in roll cage for the Porsche 996 & 997 models. This cage is ideal for frequent track weekends. It was originally designed for a 997 GT2 project car to compete at a open road top speed event. Based on the design of the best selling GMG 2-piece RSR roll bar, we have added a forward section with 2 additional mounting points, totaling 6, for increased protection.
Like all of our roll bar models, the GMG RSR bolt-in roll bar features US Made 4130 Chrome-Moly tubing that has been TIG welded and normalized for superior strength and rigidity. With its 8 piece design, the roll bar is mounted to the floor, front seat belt mounts, and the rear strut towers. This design does not only provide superior protection but it also stiffens the chassis, improving the responsiveness and handling of vehicle, and allows for ease of installation.
The GMG bolt-in roll bar is definitely a good investment for increased safety for weekend track events without sacrificing versatility or permanently welding in a custom cage.
- 8 piece design
- Made of 4130 Chrome-Moly & Meticulously TIG welded and normalized at all joints (meets requirements for POC/PCA)
- Mounts to floor, front seat belt mounts and rear strut towers for increased protection and chassis rigidity
- Designed to work standard reclining seats, GT3 fixed back seats, or any aftermarket seats, offering drivers the ability to move the seat all the way back
- Can be used with stock seat belts or 6 point harnesses for track use
- Designed to work with clip-in kit for harnesses (no need to drill holes in your floor to mount the harness anchors)
- Bar comes complete all hardware needed to install
- Finished in satin black powder coat - optional colors available
- Made to order with individually serialized laser etched plaques
- Professional installation is recommended and available at our facility
I am a freelance automotive photographer / journalist with a deep passion for cars and photography. Blessed with living in Southern California - the mecca and melting pot of different automotive cultures - I get to cover everything from rare European exotics to the Japanese imports to Off-Road trucks.
Shooting Motorsports is my niche and I have covered a wide range of series such as: Formula Drift, XDC Drift, D1GP, Redline Time Attack, SCCA World Challenge, American Le mans Series, IZOD Indy, MORE Off-Road.
My works have been featured in print publications such as AutoSalon, Rides Magazine, Import Tuner and Heavy Hitters magazines and various online magazines as well such as JTuned.com, Everythingdrift.com Tunerzine.com, Speedlounge.com, and Speedhunters.com.
Thanks again for looking at at my page and please check back regularly for updates! For any inquiries, compliments, critiques or criticisms, please contact me via email